HolyTrance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HolyTrance

HolyTrance Forums Created by Dom

My Game Master App

Dominic

My Game Master App Empty My Game Master App

Post  Dominic Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 pm

In-Game Name:
    Dominic

Name:
    Dominic

Location/Timezone:
    United States

Describe yourself (personality wise):
    Three things that I enjoy the most are learning, fairness and creativity. I play a few instruments and I like to skateboard, as well as similar sports.

Email (If any):
    vodominico@yahoo.com

MSN (If any):
    Dont have

How active are you in game? in forums?:
    I've been a lot more active in the forums lately, and on days when I play, I'll spend anywhere from 1-10 hours online, with the average being 4 or 5. I play on most days, but for the past few days I haven't up until today. If I am accepted to either the position of a GM or an intern I would devote more time to both the game and the forums.

What do you think you can contribute to this server?:
    I think I could help a lot. I like to be creative, so I might have some event ideas. I also like to make sure everything's fair so I would handle arguments in what I believed to be an even way. I was a mediator in 6th grade and a peer mentor in 11th and 12th grade so I have been trained to solve problems.

Why are you applying for GM?:
    The summer has been relatively uneventful for me, so I want to spend my time doing something helpful. Plus I think it's a great server, definitely the best I've ever been on, and I want to give back.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?:
    Never on maple, but I have been a GM of several forums in the past, and I also tried to start up a forum or two of my own, so I have learned a lot of important lessons about not getting to overly controlling, how to keep everyone calm and happy, and how to work with others toward a goal.

What is your method for hunting for hackers?
    I would use !cheaters and warp to an area if there was a cheater there. Aside from that I would probably just check every person logged in while invisible. I would also check the forums for any hacker reports, and keep an eye on any people reported as hackers.

how often do you think you should hunt for hackers?:
    It depends on what the situation calls for. In a worst case scenario where I was the only GM logged in I'd spend all my time answering questions and searching for hackers. If there were a few of us on I'd try to synch up with them to make a more consistent search and to make sure two of us weren't wasting time doing the same thing.

How would you handle a hacker?:
    I would take a screen shot and ban him/her right away if it was definitely a hacker. If I wasn't sure I would wait until there was no doubt. Either way, I'd put up a screen shot on the forums.

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?:
    I'd ask them to stop, and if they didn't I'd warp them together and try to solve the problem in a way that it wouldn't bother all the other players. If they still insisted on fighting I'd disconnect them to let them know that it is a serious matter. Any more arguing out of either of them would then result in a ban.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?:
    I probably wouldn't even bother responding, or I would simply say that I disagree. I wouldn't start an argument with the person, but if they kept it up, I might put them in jail. I don't really care though. People can say whatever they want, as long as it isn't offensive.

as a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?:
    As a GM it's more important to keep everything under control, but as a player of a game the focus should be on having fun, so I think they're pretty equal, and that keeping everyone satisfied would lead to more fun anyway.

Why should we choose you?:
    I have the problem solving skills that would be needed, I'm willing to devote a good amount of time to it, I want to make the game as fun as possible for all players, I have an interest in psychology, and I don't "tlk lik dis"

Why shouldn't we choose you?:
    A reason not to choose me as a GM would be that I have great experience. I know almost every single command.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:42 am